CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Board of Directors at Harrison Memorial Hospital is seeking an experienced and proven servant leader to become the next Chief Executive Officer. Harrison Memorial Hospital is a regional medical facility licensed by the state of Kentucky and located in the heart of Harrison County. HMH is a 501C3 private, not-for-profit facility with one main campus and 3 limited service satellite locations. Vitally important to the vision is our priority to maintain an independence status while continuing to sustain a mode of growth, stability, and development. As a facility that takes pride for excellence in service, the best candidate for this position will understand and support our shared vision to be the Health Care Delivery System of choice for the people we serve.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the effective day-to-day operations of the hospital. An ideal candidate for this position will understand the CEO’s position is to lead the organization in sustaining highly reliable; high quality patient care. A candidate with clinical experience and training is preferred. The CEO serves as liaison between the governing board, physicians, community leaders, and staff. Essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following list.
• Leads the Patient Safety and Quality Culture for the healthcare organization, focused on serving the community healthcare needs
• Leads the efforts of strategic planning for the Governing Board, Medical Staff, employees, and community for service lines that are specific to the community served
• Oversees Physician recruitment
• Implements polices and plans authorized by the Board for the operation of the hospital and provides advice on formulation of these policies and plans
• Assists in coordinating all activities of the hospital
• Provides Board, Board Committees, and Management Committees with staff and administrative support
• Provides the professional staff of the hospital with administrative support and necessary personnel to review,
evaluate and monitor their activities
• Selects, employs, and discharges employees; develops and maintains personnel policies and practices
• Organize the administrative functions of the hospital, delegate duties and establish a formal means of accountability for the Core Group of Directors
• Develops an organizational plan of hospital departments showing lines of authority, responsibility and interrelationships
• Annually assists the Budget Committee in reviewing and updating a Capital Equipment Budget and preparing an Operating Budget, showing expected receipts and expenditures; supervises the business affairs of the corporation to assure that funds are expended to the best possible advantage
• Oversees the maintenance and insurance of all physical properties; assists the Board in planning for and constructing new facilities and equipment
• Represents hospital in national, state, and local hospital associations, planning agencies, consumer and business coalitions, alternative delivery system organizations and other such agencies
• Attends or sends an appropriate designee to all meetings of the Board, Board and management committees,
and Medical Staff Committees
• Designates or appoints Core Directors or Department Managers who are authorized to act as Administrator/CEO during any period of absence from the hospital
• Supports activities of the Harrison Memorial Hospital Auxiliary; serves as the primary liaison
between the Auxiliary and the Board
• Oversees the hospital’s community relations program; serves as a liaison with the community by
participating in community activities
• Completes employee performance appraisals and competency assessments in a timely manner
• Maintain a non-retaliatory culture of safety for all
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Qualified by education and experience appropriate to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
• Graduate of an approved program in health administration is highly desirable.
• Sufficient experience in the healthcare field to indicate to Board of Directors that he/she is capable of handling the responsibilities of the position.Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include: organizes and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy programs to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury; helps patient reach maximum performance and learn to function within the limits of his/her capabilities. Understands and provides age appropriate care for patients. Provides other duties as described in the Physical Therapist job description. Flexible hours.
Must be a graduate of an Accredited Physical Therapy program and have a current KY license to practice physical therapy. Should be able to lift, sit, stand, stoop, and walk without restriction.
FULL TIME benefits include health, dental, vision, PTO, hospital paid life insurance, EAP, and 401k.
Livingston Hospital and Healthcare Services is a not for profit Critical Access Hospital located in Salem, Kentucky. Physical Therapy services are provided to inpatients, outpatients, observation and swing bed patients with a variety of diagnoses. Ages range from infancy to geriatrics. Other hospital services include: Level 4 Trauma Center; Emergency Room; Community Wellness and Nutritional Services; CT; Digital Mammography; MRI; Rehabilitation Services; Respiratory Services; General Surgery; Senior Care Behavioral Health
To get your job posting listed here, e-mail us.
Job-Seekers can view information on locations, workforce demands, and loan repayment opportunities here.