So you want to know more about KRHA and the benefits of becoming a member?
Becoming a member of KRHA allows you and your organization the opportunity to express your needs and opinions regarding rural health in Kentucky. But this isn't just a think-tank! With the support of the Executive Director, KRHA membership concerns are able to be shared with Legislators as the community, state, and national levels. This means, regardless of your organization's status, you have a voice on the policy related to rural health in Kentucky!
Being a member of KRHA offers more than just having an advocate on your behalf, there are a number of other benefits as well.
Why should I join?
- Education - have the opportunity to learn about rural health issues that impact your community from a number of experts, and be part of a team that identifies solutions. Conferences, workshops, and webinars provide the necessary education to make meaningful changes in your community a possibility.
- Advocate - whether you're a non-profit or a for-profit, you have the opportunity to provide input into the advocacy priorities of the organization and stay up to date on the current legislation regarding rural health.
- Collaboration - with a wide variety of members and membership types, KRHA members have the opportunity to work along-side other rural health professionals across the Commonwealth. These relationships often create networks and partnerships in your day-to-day jobs, leading to improved health outcomes for the communities you serve.
- Make A Difference - as a member of KRHA, the time you spend serving on committees or working with the organization is time that you've spent making a difference in the health and well-being of all rural Kentuckians! And that is something to be proud of!
- NRHA Affiliate Membership - all members of KRHA receive the benefits of being an affiliate member of the National Rural Health Association. For more information on their member benefits, check out their website.
- Online Tools - current KRHA members will have access to a KRHA website log-in, and have the opportunity to engage even more with their peers. The members-only forum is an opportunity for members to pose questions and engage in meaningful discussion with other members on how they have overcome certain barriers. You can also search the database of other members to find basic contact information including e-mail and phone numbers.
Who are KRHA members?
Current KRHA members include individuals, students, for-profit and non-profit organizations, and citizens interested in rural health. But those labels don't truly do our membership the justice it deserves; our real members are your friends, your family, your neighbors, and your peers.
They are people just like you from all across the Commonwealth, from the Mountains to the Mississippi and from the Florence Y'all to the Cumberland Gap. They are doctors, they are nurses, they are health department directors; they are parents, they are children, and more importantly they are people who care about the health and well-being of those around them. Do you have what it takes to stand up for those around you, and ensure the health and well-being of rural generations to come?
National Rural Health Association Benefits
As a member of the National Rural Health Association, KRHA is afforded a number of benefits on a national scale. AS a State Association, KRHA is allotted two voting Board members on the NRHA Council where the needs, concerns, and opinions of KRHA members are given a national voice. And through events such as the NRHA Policy Institute in Washington, D.C. the KRHA membership is able to meet directly with elected Kentucky officials on Capital Hill.